Weekly schedule typesetter
pdfschedule is a Python 3 script for creating PDF documents showing one’s weekly schedule of events. Currently, only events that take place on weekdays are recognized.
pdfschedule requires Python 3.4 or higher. Just use pip for Python 3 (You have pip, right?) to install pdfschedule and its dependencies:
python3 -m pip install pdfschedule
pdfschedule [<OPTIONS>] [<infile> [<outfile>]]
Input — formatted as described below under “Input Format” — is read from infile (or standard input if no file is specified), and the resulting PDF is written to outfile (or standard output if no file is specified).
- -C, --color — Color the event boxes various colors instead of just grey.
- -F <ttf-file>, --font <ttf-file> — Use the given .ttf file for the text font. By default, all text is typeset in Helvetica.
- -f <size>, --font-size <size> — Set the size of the font used for event information to size (default 10). The names of the days of the week are typeset at size * 1.2; the times of day are at size / 1.2.
- -p, --portrait — Typeset the table in “portrait mode,” i.e., with the shorter side of the paper as the width. The default is to typeset it in “landscape mode.”
- -s <factor>, --scale <factor> — Divide the length of each side of the table by factor. Without this option, the table fills the whole page, except for a one-inch margin on each side.
- -T, --no-times — Do not show the times for each hour line.
Input is a YAML list of dictionaries. Each dictionary represents a single weekly event and must contain the following keys:
- (optional) The (possibly multiline) text to display in the event’s box on the schedule
The days of the week on which the event occurs, specified as a string of one or more of the following single-letter codes:
Letter Day M Monday T Tuesday W Wednesday H or R Thursday F Friday
These letters may be in any order & case. Characters outside this set are ignored.
- The start & end times of the event in the format HH:MM - HH:MM. Times are specified in 24-hour format, the minutes being optional (and optionally separated from the hour by a colon or period).
The following input file:
- name: Garfield impersonation days: M time: 7-9 - name: Work to live days: MTWRF time: 9-17 - name: | Exercise class (The one on Main Street) days: W time: 17:00 - 18:00 - name: Have they brought back my favorite show yet? days: R time: 19-19.30 - name: Poor decisions days: F time: 22-23.59
produces (using the default options) an output file that looks like this:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pdfschedule-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl (8.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pdfschedule-0.1.0.tar.gz (28.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pdfschedule-0.1.0-py3-none-any.whl