The open source PDF stitching software for sewists, by sewists.
PDFSticher is a utility for stitching together many PDF pages from one document into a single page. This is also called "N-Up" or page imposition. This program was created in order to convert sewing patterns into a convenient format for projecting, though it could be used to stitch together any PDF.
Since version 0.4, it is also possible to select layers for inclusion/exclusion in the final output. Additionally, line properties can be modified for each layer if the input PDF is compatible.
For up-to-date information, also check out https://www.pdfstitcher.org.
Download the latest release
- Windows (7 or 10, 64-bit)
- macOS - Intel Processor
- macOS - M1/M2 Processor
- Using pip:
pip install pdfstitcherNote: Requires Python <= 3.11. As of November 2022, there is no wheel available for wxPython for 3.11+.
PDFStitcher will detect system language settings and change localisation if supported.
Previous versions can be found by clicking on the "releases" link to the right.
Want to contribute a translation? PDFStitcher is now on weblate!.
- Stitch together pages in any order with specified number of rows/columns
- Rotate pages for stitching
- Add a margin around the final output
- Trim or overlap the edges of each page by a specified amount
- Add blank pages by including zeros in the page list (e.g. 1-5,0,6-10)
- Layers are automatically preserved if present in the source document
- Exclude layers (either deactivate or remove)
- Modify line properties (colour, thickness, style (solid, dashed, dotted))
Most people probably want to just use the executable links above. However, to edit the code, clone this repo and install in editable mode using the command:
$ pip install -e ".[dev]"
Found a bug, or have an idea for a great new feature? Check out the Issues tab to see if it's an open issue, or submit a new one if it's not on the list.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for pdfstitcher-0.9.1-py3-none-any.whl