A system for provisioning blogs managed by Pelican.
This package creates a working environment for a static blog that is generated by Pelican.
mkvirtualenv pelican-provisioner pip install pelican-provisioner
Create a blog
workon pelican-provisioner new-blog.sh ~/Work/my-blog
Using the blog
workon my-blog cd ~/Work/my-blog make regenerate # to develop locally make serve # to test it locally at http://localhost:8000 make deploy # to make the changes public
- I want a blog that is rock-solid.
- When I sit down to do some writing, I don’t want to spend any time on maintenance.
- I want to leave the blog alone, come back to it after 1 year, I expect everything to work.
- I want to install this from scratch without depending upon online packages.
- I don’t want future work to be contingent upon the any third party.
To meet these goals, I am bundling everything; this is a self-contained static blog generator without any external dependencies. I can create any number of blogs, which are managed as independent packages, and I can generally count upon them to keep working.