Translucent persistent objects
persistent: automatic persistence for Python objects
This package contains a generic persistence implementation for Python. It forms the core protocol for making objects interact “transparently” with a database such as the ZODB.
Please see the Sphinx documentation (docs/index.rst) for further information.
Worked around test failure due to overflow to long on 32-bit systems.
Renamed TimeStamp extension module to avoid clash with pure-Python timestamp module on case-insensitive filesystems.
N.B: the canonical way to import the TimeStamp class is now:
from persistent.timestamp import TimeStamp
which will yield the class from the extension module (if available), falling back to the pure-Python reference implementation.
- Added explicit support for Python 3.2 and PyPy.
- Note that the C implementations of Persistent, PickleCache, and Timestamp are not built (yet) on these platforms.
- Dropped support for Python < 2.6.
- 100% unit test coverage.
- Removed all ZODB-dependent tests:
- Rewrote some to avoid the dependency
- Cloned the remainder into new ZODB.tests modules.
- Refactored some doctests refactored as unittests.
- Completed pure-Python reference implementations of ‘Persistent’, ‘PickleCache’, and ‘TimeStamp’.
- All covered platforms tested under tox.
- Added support for continuous integration using tox and jenkins.
- Added setup.py dev alias (installs nose and coverage).
- Dropped dependency on zope.testing / zope.testrunner: tests now run with setup.py test.
- Refactored many Doctests as Sphinx documentation (snippets are exercised via ‘tox’).
- Added setup.py docs alias (installs Sphinx and repoze.sphinx.autointerface).
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size persistent-4.0.1.tar.gz (75.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|