A python API for host control of USB connected PFx Bricks.
PFx Brick Python API
This repository contains a python package API for developing python scripts and applications which communicate with the PFx Brick. This package supports both USB and Bluetooth LE connections to the PFx Brick and is supported for Windows, macOS and linux.
The pfxbrick package can be installed with pip:
$ pip install pfxbrick
or directly from the source code:
$ git clone https://github.com/fx-bricks/pfx-brick-py.git $ cd pfx-brick-py $ python setup.py install
After installation, the package can imported:
$ python >>> import pfxbrick >>> pfxbrick.__version__
An example of the package can be seen below
from pfxbrick import PFxBrick # Open a PFx Brick session instance brick = PFxBrick() brick.open() # Get the status and identity of the PFx Brick print('PFx Brick ICD version : %s' %(brick.get_icd_rev())) brick.get_status() brick.print_status() # Get the PFx Brick configuration settings brick.get_config() brick.print_config() # Get the user defined name of the PFx Brick brick.get_name() print(brick.name) # Change the user defined name brick.set_name('My Cool Brick') # End the session brick.close()
- PFx Brick Interface Control Document (ICD) v.3.37 describes details of PFx Brick operation and communication protocol
- Python API Reference Documentation
If you want to learn more about PFx Brick, check out our website.
- revised documentation
- improved BLE notifcation callbacks
- added Bluetooth LE connection access with same functionality as USB
- added convenience methods to PFxBrick class to execute actions directly
- added support for running scripts on PFx Brick
- fixed error reporting for file system access methods
- fixed file directory refresh to ignore empty directory entries
- changed the USB write function to ensure consistent cross-platform compatibility
- finished implementing missing functionality
- finished documentation
- first public announced release
- Added CHANGELOG.rst to project manifest
- Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pfxbrick-0.7.1-py3.7.egg (101.4 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pfxbrick-0.7.1-py3.9.egg (101.5 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 3.9||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pfxbrick-0.7.1.tar.gz (37.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|