WSGI PGP public key submission system
- submission deadline and “time remaining” display
- keyring and key list export (with MD5 and SHA-1 hashes)
- configured entirely through environment
Three WSGI environ variables must be set:
- Name or full path of the GnuPG executable. If the value does not begin with "/", an executable will be looked for on PATH by the normal mechanism. If using Apache httpd and encountering OSError, try specifying the full path to the GnuPG executable.
- The GnuPG home directory. Must be writable by the user running the application. Multiple pgpsubmit instances could be run in parallel, each with a different GNUPGHOME.
- URL at which may be found the corresponding source of pgpsubmit, pursuant to section 15 of the AGPL. If you run a modified version of pgpsubmit, the source code for that modified version must be available at this URL.
There are some other configuration variables for controlling submission deadlines:
- Specify a deadline for submission. After this time, submission will be disabled, and a message to effect of same will appear. While the deadline looms, time remaining will be displayed. The format is 'Y.M.D[.H[.M[.S]]]'.
- If a deadline is set, links to download the keyring and key list are not shown until the submission deadline is reached. Settings this environment variable (to any value) causes these links to be shown regardless of whether or not the deadline has passed.
A configuration for Apache with mod_wsgi might be:
<Directory /usr/home/joe/pgpsubmit> Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> <VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin email@example.com ServerName pgpsubmit.example.com DocumentRoot "/usr/home/joe/pgpsubmit" WSGIScriptAlias / /usr/home/joe/pgpsubmit/scripts/pgpsubmit.wsgi SetEnv PGPSUBMITEXECUTABLE /usr/local/bin/gpg SetEnv GNUPGHOME /usr/home/joe/.pgpsubmit SetEnv PGPSUBMITSOURCEURL https://github.com/frasertweedale/pgpsubmit SetEnv PGPSUBMITUNTIL 2011.12.31.18.30 </VirtualHost>
pgpsubmit is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
The pgpsubmit source code is available from https://github.com/frasertweedale/pgpsubmit.
Bug reports, patches, feature requests, code review and documentation are welcomed.
To submit a patch, please use git send-email or generate a pull request. Write a well formed commit message. If your patch is nontrivial, update the copyright notice at the top of each changed file.