Photo namer nautilus file manager script for files imported with CatGrab phpto import app.
Photo namer for use in Nautilus. It works with data imported by CatGrab photo import software.
- Use is of your own risk! It may corrupt you data.
- Only for use with data generated by CatGrab (http://www.digital.elements.li/de/pages/home/#FotoImportundArchivierung)
- Use it only as Nautilus script.
- Only tested on Ubuntu with python3
- names selected and related files (e.g. JPG and his RAW file)
- afterwards raw file naming
Install / Deinstall
Do not use sudo!
with pippip3 install --user photo-namer-nautilus 1. pip3 uninstall photo-namer-nautilus 2. then remove script manually from ~/.local/share/nautilus/scripts/
- Unpack your package.
- Open a terminal and change to the folder which contains the setup.py and typepython setup.py install --user
- Test it first!
- For testing copy some real data in a test directory
- get this readme with: photo_namer.py –help
- First use the script only with test data until you are sure it works as expected.
- execute the script within the file manager and name your selected files. Then check if all related where also named in the same way.
- to name all related files with the current file name of the selected files type: *** (three stars).
- The logfile is stored in you home directory: ~/.photo-namer.log