Check PI naming conventions, plugin for flake8
Check the PEP-8 naming conventions.
This module provides a plugin for flake8, the Python code checker.
(It replaces the plugin flint-naming for the flint checker.)
You can install, upgrade, uninstall pep8-naming with these commands:
$ pip install pi-naming $ pip install --upgrade pi-naming $ pip uninstall pi-naming
Plugin for Flake8
When both flake8 and pep8-naming are installed, the plugin is available in flake8:
$ flake8 --version 2.0 (pep8: 1.4.3, pyflakes: 0.6.1, naming: 0.2)
By default the plugin is enabled.
These error codes are emitted:
|N801||class names should use CapWords convention|
|N802||function name should be lowercase|
|N803||argument name should be lowercase|
|N804||first argument of a classmethod should be named ‘cls’|
|N805||first argument of a method should be named ‘self’|
|N806||variable in function should be lowercase|
0.4.1 - 2016-06-26
- Note to self: Never do releases before ~0600 or coffee on a Sunday.
- Fix option parsing for Flake8 3.0 (store parsed value on class)
0.4.0 - 2016-06-26
- Fix integration with Flake8 3.0.0b1
- Start testing against Python 3.5
0.3.3 - 2015-06-30
- Fix bug where ignored names were not properly split into a list.
0.3.2 - 2015-06-14
- Fix bug trying to call split on a list.
0.3.1 - 2015-06-14
- Fix optparse exception resulting from trying to register an option twice.
0.3.0 - 2015-06-14
- Relaxed N806 checking for use with namedtuples
- Add --ignore-names which allows the user to specify a list of names to ignore. By default this includes setUp, tearDown, setUpClass, and tearDownClass.
0.2.2 - 2014-04-19
- Do not require setuptools in setup.py. It works around an issue with pip and Python 3.
- __new__ is now considered as classmethod implicitly
- Run unit tests on travis-ci.org for python2.6, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.3
- Add unit tests and support running them with setup.py
- Support Python 3.4
0.2.1 - 2013-02-22
- Do not require flake8
0.2 - 2013-02-22
- Rename project flint-naming to pep8-naming
- Fix a crash when function argument is a tuple of tuples
0.1 - 2013-02-11
- First release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pi-naming-1.0.3.tar.gz (5.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|