A tool for installing and managing Python packages.
- Project Page: https://github.com/pypa/pip
- Install howto: https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/installing.html
- Changelog: https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/news.html
- Bug Tracking: https://github.com/pypa/pip/issues
- Mailing list: http://groups.google.com/group/python-virtualenv
- Docs: https://pip.pypa.io/
- User IRC: #pypa on Freenode.
- Dev IRC: #pypa-dev on Freenode.
First, Install pip.
Install a package from PyPI:
$ pip install SomePackage [...] Successfully installed SomePackage
Show what files were installed:
$ pip show --files SomePackage Name: SomePackage Version: 1.0 Location: /my/env/lib/pythonx.x/site-packages Files: ../somepackage/__init__.py [...]
List what packages are outdated:
$ pip list --outdated SomePackage (Current: 1.0 Latest: 2.0)
Upgrade a package:
$ pip install --upgrade SomePackage [...] Found existing installation: SomePackage 1.0 Uninstalling SomePackage: Successfully uninstalled SomePackage Running setup.py install for SomePackage Successfully installed SomePackage
Uninstall a package:
$ pip uninstall SomePackage Uninstalling SomePackage: /my/env/lib/pythonx.x/site-packages/somepackage Proceed (y/n)? y Successfully uninstalled SomePackage
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.