Sacred Marriage of Pipfile, Pip, & Virtualenv.
Pipenv is an experimental project that aims to bring the best of all packaging worlds to the Python world. It harnesses Pipfile, pip, and virtualenv into one single toolchain. It features very pretty terminal colors.
It automatically creates and manages a virtualenv for your projects, as well as adds/removes packages from your Pipfile as you install/uninstall packages. The lock command generates a lockfile (Pipfile.lock).
- Automatically finds your project home, recursively, by looking for a Pipfile.
- Automatically generates a Pipfile, if one doesn’t exist.
- Automatically generates a Pipfile.lock, if one doesn’t exist.
- Automatically creates a virtualenv in a standard location (project/.venv).
- Automatically adds packages to a Pipfile when they are installed.
- Automatically removes packages from a Pipfile when they are un-installed.
- Also automatically updates pip.
The main commands are init, which initializes the environment, install and uninstall, and lock, which generates a Pipfile.lock. These are intended to replace $ pip install usage, as well as manual virtualenv management.
- shell will spawn a shell with the virtualenv activated.
- python will run the Python interpreter from the virtualenv, with any arguments forwarded.
- purge will uninstall all packages from the virtualenv.
- where will give location information about the current project.
- venv will give virtutalenv activation information.
- check asserts that PEP 508 requirements are being met by the current environment.
$ pipenv Usage: pipenv [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]... Options: --version Show the version and exit. --help Show this message and exit. Commands: check lock init install purge python uninstall venv where $ pipenv where Pipfile found at /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/Pipfile. Considering this to be the project home. $ pipenv where --venv Virtualenv location: /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/.venv $ pipenv venv --bare source /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/.venv/bin/activate $ pipenv init Creating a Pipfile for this project... Pipfile found at /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/Pipfile. Considering this to be the project home. Creating a virtualenv for this project... ... Virtualenv location: /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/.venv Pipfile.lock not found, creating... ... To activate this project's virtualenv, run the following: $ source /Users/kennethreitz/repos/project/.venv/bin/activate $ pipenv install requests --dev Installing requests... ... Adding requests to Pipfile... $ pipenv lock Assuring all dependencies from Pipfile are installed... Freezing development dependencies... Freezing default dependencies... Note: your project now has only default packages installed. To install dev-packages, run: $ pipenv init --dev
$ pip install pipenv
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pipenv-0.1.5-py2-none-any.whl (18.3 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pipenv-0.1.5.tar.gz (10.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|