A Practical Seismological Database Library in Python.
Pisces is a Python library that connects your geophysical analysis environment to a SQL database that uses the Center for Seismic Studies (CSS) 3.0 or NNSA KB Core table schema.
- Import/export waveforms directly to/from your database.
- Build database queries using Python objects and methods (SQLAlchemy), not by concatenating SQL strings.
- Integration with ObsPy.
- Geographic filtering of results.
- C compiler (for optional
Install from PyPI:
pip install pisces
If you use "e1" format data, you also need to install the
pip install e1
You can install them both at the same time with:
pip install pisces[e1]
Install current master from GitHub:
pip install git+https://github.com/LANL-Seismoacoustics/pisces
- Correct links in setup.py
- Pisces no longer requires compiling and installing C extension modules.
libconvertC library, and replace it's only exposed function (
s3tos4) with a NumPy-only version.
libecompressionC library, and move it to a separate "e1" package on PyPI. It will be installed as an optional dependency by installing with
pip install pisces[e1].
- Python 3 support!
- No more Python 2 support
- Add the ability to target a database and tables in a config file (see util.load_config).
- Change package name to "pisces" instead of "pisces-db"
- Add Antelope Datascope schema/tables.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.