An ultra-lighweight document oriented database
Piuma is an no-headache ultra-lightweight local document database written purely in python. Piuma is designed without just the absoulute bare essentials in mind. In the core version of Piuma there is no query language or any advanced search/modify functions. In its current version Piuma only stores data in memory, I plan to add local storage subpackage hopefully in the near future. This database should not be taken too seriously and should really only be used for small projects and testing.
Why you should use Piuma?
- Light and Small: Piuma’s core is written with one very small file and can
be sub millisecond fast because of its memory storage
- Easy to Use: Piuma runs out of the box and is easy to use and learn.
Piuma also requires no dependencies or external servers.
- Experimenting: If you are trying something new and you need a fast
database that just works while testing then Piuma is a good choice.
No Dependencies: Piuma is written with no external dependecies.
Why you should not use Piuma?
- Big Database: Piuma was not designed to be used as a big database; Piuma
only runs only in memory (for now) so the limit of how big it could be comes much quicker than other database
- ACID Guarantees: Because of Piumas small nature it does not have room for
- Query Language: Piuma does not have a query language (though I currently
working on a query submodule)
- Storage: While Piuma supports interchangeable storage, it only has memory
storage built in
Why is it called Piuma?
Piuma is the Italian word for feather and (from what I feel) the word feather can convay lightness.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.