Cross-platform utilities for accomplishing some tasks that the stdlib isn't equipped to provide
Platform_utils is a library which provides several cross-platform utilities, including:
- path manipulation - allows you to do several things with paths including getting the path to store application data, creating the application data directory, checking whether the app is frozen, etc.
- clipboard - allows getting/setting clipboard text.
- idle - allows getting the user idle time on Windows.
- process - allows killing processes on Windows and Unix.
- shell_integration - adds something to the context menu on Windows.
- blackhole - disables stdout/stderr when using py2exe.
Check whether the app is frozen:
>>> import platform_utils.paths >>> platform_utils.paths.is_frozen() False
Find the recommended directory where user data files should be stored:
>>> import platform_utils.paths >>> platform_utils.paths.app_data_path("app name") u'C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\app name'
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for platform_utils-0.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl