Youtube playlist downloader. Based on the majestic [youtube-dl](http://youtube-dl.org/)
* Resumable downloading
* Video resolution, video format, audio bitrate, audio format can be configured
* Video Output format (via conversion) can also be specified
* Other [youtube-dl options](https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md) are also supported
Python 3 only.
Get it from pip
pip install playlist-dl
or download the zip and execute the following
python setup.py install
* To start a new playlist download, create a new folder and open terminal (cmd) in it.
* Then run `playlist-dl`
* Give the playlist link and playlist-dl (actually youtube-dl) will start scanning the playlist.
* After that it will create a config.json file in that folder. Edit that if needed.
* Videos will start downloading one by one.
* You can close the terminal any time. Reopening the terminal in that folder and running `playlist-dl` will resume the downloads.
* `start` - The item in playlist from where the download will be started.
* `end` - The item in playlist till where downloading will be done.
* `output_format` - The format to convert the downloaded video to. (eg > mkv,mp4,flv,webm)
* `download.resolution` - The height of the video to download. If set to 0, then bestvideo will be downloaded.
* `download.video_format` - The format of the video stream to download. Note that this is different from `output_format` (eg > flv,webm,mp4).
* `download.bitrate` - The bitrate of the audio to download. If set to 0, then bestaudio will be downloaded.
* `download.audio_format` - The format of the audio stream to download. (eg > webm,m4a)
* `download.more_options` - More download options. See [youtube-dl README](https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/blob/master/README.md) for the complete list.
**NOTE** - If the program finds no match with your `download.` audio/video settings, then it will automatically settle with the most preferable audio/video options. So if you leave `video_format` blank and just specify resolution, it will look in all formats for that resolution. Therefore it is recommended to specify `output_format` for consistency.
##### Example of a config.json
"more_options": "-o \"%(title)s.%(ext)s\" --external-downloader aria2c --external-downloader-args \"-x 16 -s 16 -k 5M\"",
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.