CMS user interface for Plone
plone.app.cmsui installs a new content management user interface for Plone. For the moment, it is an experiment only, but hopefully one that will point the way towards Plone’s future.
You can use the following buildout to test plone.app.cmsui against Plone 4.1rc3 - update versions as applicable:
[buildout] parts = instance extends = http://good-py.appspot.com/release/plone.app.cmsui/1.0a1?plone=4.1rc3 [instance] recipe = plone.recipe.zope2instance user = admin:admin eggs = Plone plone.app.cmsui
Make sure you install the “CMS User Interface” profile when creating your Plone site.
If you are using Diazo and plone.app.theming, you can enable the CMS UI in your site by including the following rule:
<before css:theme-children="body" css:content="#plone-cmsui-trigger" />
All CMS UI resources are loaded in a theme (in the portal_skins sense) called ‘cmsui’. Using the concept of resource bundles (in Products.ResourceRegistries 2.1a1), resources are segregated between this theme and the theme (probably ‘Sunburst Theme’) used for the public site.
See http://projects-wiki.plone.org/display/NEWUI/Home for details about how to participate, the rationale behind the project, and related information. Log in with your plone.org username.
The following rules and conventions apply:
- No functionality should live in this package, only views and associated user interface logic.
- Dependencies on other packages should be minimised: With the exception of edit forms and the control panel, the goal is to move all the editing views into this package, so that they can be maintained consistently.
- There is a bbb subpackage that contains overrides and integration code required for this package to install on a clean Plone 4.1 site. In time, this package should be entirely removed and the changes propagated to the relevant parts of Plone, if and when this package is merged via the PLIP process.
- Structure overlay improvements and refinements [davisagli,vangheem]
- Don’t load logout link in overlay [davisagli]
- jslint cleanup [smcmahon]
- Register quick upload views on layer. [Rob Gietema]
- Speed up animations. [Rob Gietema]
- Refactored notify, now available through $.plone.notify [Rob Gietema]
- First release, following Bristol UI Sprint
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.app.cmsui-1.0a2.zip (3.5 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|