Plone OpenID authentication support
This packages makes Plone a complete OpenID consumer, allowing people to authenticate in a site using their OpenID identity. It relies on the plone.openid package to implement authentication of identities and needs an external session management plugin such as plone.session to add session management.
You also need version 2.2.x of the python-openid package from JanRain. If this package is not installed you will not be able to install OpenID support in Plone.
If all requirements have been installed you should see an OpenID Authentication Support appearin the Add/Remove Products page in the Plone site setup screen. Installing the OpenID authentication support will do several things:
- the PAS user folder is reconfigured to support OpenID authentication
- an OpenID login portlet is added to the left column
- the standard login form is replaces with a form which supports both OpenID logins and standard username&password logins
1.1 August 19, 2008
- Added missing customized version of login_failed.cpt which was causing an error on a failed standard login when OpenID support is installed. This closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7268 [davisagli]
- Now including plone.app.portlets in the zcml. Fixes zope instance startup error under certain circumstances. [maurits]
1.0.3 April 21, 2008
- Added missing i18n markup to portlets.xml. [hannosch]
- Fixed erroneous (duplicate) translation ID. This fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7764 [limi]
1.0.2 March 7, 2008
- Correct the title of the portlet type to read ‘OpenID Login’ instead of just ‘Login’. [wichert]
1.0.1 August 17, 2007
1.0 August 15, 2007
- First stable release. [wichert]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.app.openid-1.1-py2.4.egg (23.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size plone.app.openid-1.1.tar.gz (17.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|