Plone OpenID authentication support
This package makes Plone a complete OpenID consumer, allowing people to authenticate in a site using their OpenID identity. It relies on the plone.openid package to implement authentication of identities and needs an external session management plugin such as plone.session to add session management.
You also need version 2.2.x of the python-openid package from JanRain. If this package is not installed you will not be able to install OpenID support in Plone.
If all requirements have been installed you should see an OpenID Authentication Support appear in the Add/Remove Products page in the Plone site setup screen. Installing the OpenID authentication support will do several things:
- The PAS user folder is reconfigured to support OpenID authentication.
- An OpenID login portlet is added to the left column.
- The standard login form is replaces with a form which supports both OpenID logins and standard username & password logins.
2.0a1 - 2009-11-17
- Correctly implement the ‘available’ property of the portlet renderer so that a column with only an openid portlet doesn’t show up when logged in. [davisagli]
- Make sure the GenericSetup profile shows up on the Plone site add form. [davisagli]
- Added a metadata.xml to the GenericSetup profile. [davisagli]
- Register the ploneopenid-various GenericSetup import step using ZCML. [davisagli]
- Replaced the css_slot with the style_slot, as it is deprecated. [maurits]
- Made compatible with Plone 4.0. Show different labels on login form when site_properties/use_email_as_login is switched on (Plone 4.0). Should still work in earlier Plones. Refs http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/9214 [maurits]
- Made the addLoginPortlet function a bit more forgiving, when portlets aren’t available. [hannosch]
- Added the z3c.autoinclude entry point so this package is automatically loaded on Plone 3.3 and above. [hannosch]
- Avoid a test dependency on quick installer. [hannosch]
- Use our own PloneMessageFactory and remove the dependency on CMFPlone. [hannosch]
- Specified package dependencies. [hannosch]
1.1.1 - unreleased
- Removed msgids in portlets.xml. There is no support for msgids in the import of portlets.xml implementation. This allows to extract translatable strings with i18ndude. [vincentfretin]
1.1 - 2008-08-19
- Added missing customized version of login_failed.cpt which was causing an error on a failed standard login when OpenID support is installed. This closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7268 [davisagli]
- Now including plone.app.portlets in the zcml. Fixes zope instance startup error under certain circumstances. [maurits]
1.0.3 - 2008-04-21
- Added missing i18n markup to portlets.xml. [hannosch]
- Fixed erroneous (duplicate) translation ID. This fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7764 [limi]
1.0.2 - 2008-05-07
- Correct the title of the portlet type to read ‘OpenID Login’ instead of just ‘Login’. [wichert]
1.0.1 - 2007-08-17
1.0 - 2007-08-15
- First stable release. [wichert]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.app.openid-2.0a1.zip (30.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|