A workflow manager for Plone
This package provides a GUI for managing custom workflows in Plone.
This is the successor of uwosh.northstar’s workflow design tool (North* continues on as a file system product generator, given either a PloneFormGen or Dexterity prototype).
- add/edit/delete new workflows
- add content rule actions easily for a workflow transition
- graph workflows
- easily manipulate workflow permissions
The package also supports graphing workflows.
The inspiration for this piece was pretty much taken from DCWorkflowGraph.
In order to enable this feature, you’ll need to install the Graphviz library. Information can be found at http://www.graphviz.org
Once you’ve built Graphviz and have installed it, make sure the “dot” executable it creates is in your PATH, e.g.
assuming “make install” placed the Graphviz executables into /usr/local/bin. You can test that your PATH is set correctly if “which dot” finds the “dot” executable.
Then restart your Zope or ZEO client. The next time you are looking at a custom workflow in Workflow Manager, you should see a new “Diagram” button. When you click on it, it generates a GIF depicting the workflow’s states and transitions.
You may get better results if your state and transition IDs do not include hyphens. Graphviz’ “dot” executable will issue warning messages that you can find in your instance log if it has trouble understanding the state and transition names and labels.
Plone 3 Support
You must also have simplejson installed.
- Plone 5.0/5.1 compatibility. [jaroel,timo]
- Add missing unittest2 dependency to the test dependencies. [timo]
- Install plone.app.jquerytools as a dependency [iham, bloodbare]
- Finds actions (content rules) created by older versions of workflow manager when generated content rule IDs did not include the workflow ID [tkimnguyen]
- Fixed problem with non-ascii characters in graphviz diagram [lewicki]
- Show managed permissions in transition permission guards [erral]
- Show all permissions managed by the workflow instead of hardcoding ones [erral]
- Fix: avoid i18n messages to be stored in place of permission ids. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fixed MANIFEST.in [thomasdesvenain]
1.0rc1 - 2014-02-17
- Instantiate transition scripts when we create a transition so definition.xml is well generated by Generic Setup. [thomasdesvenain]
- Added more strings classifiers and metadata items for this packages [macagua]
- Fix workflow, state and transition id generation when we have accents in titles. [thomasdesvenain]
- Full internationalization. French translation. [thomasdesvenain, macagua]
- Added Spanish translation. [hvelarde]
- double-quote state and transition names in graph view [erral]
- Added Chinese Simplified translation. [Jian Aijun]
1.0a4 ~ 2012-05-28
- show acquired permission setting [vangheem]
- revamped styles based on bootstrap [vangheem]
1.0a3 - 2011-09-02
- cloned transition now sets display name to new title also. [vangheem]
- cancel on confirm save now prevents dialog from opening. [vangheem]
- fix error with changing source transitions if transitions are stored as a tuple or list. [vangheem]
1.0a2 - 2011-09-01
- Add MANIFEST.in. [WouterVH]
- use json library and just advertise that plone 3 users need to install simplejson [vangheem]
- Fix js to work correctly with all versions of jquery in selecting input tags correctly. [vangheem]
1.0a1 - 2010-12-12
- Initial release