Grok-like directives for creating Dexterity content
This package provides optional, Grok-like directives for configuring Dexterity content. It depends on five.grok, which in turn depends on the various re-usable grokcore.* packages, but not Grok itself.
See also plone.directives.form, which provides directives for configuring schema interfaces with form hints.
Content extending the Dexterity ‘Item’ and ‘Container’ base classes can be grokked in order to register a factory and/or ZMI add permission.
from plone.directives import dexterity from plone.directives import form from five import grok from zope import schema class IPage(form.Schema): title = schema.TextLine(title=u"Title") description = schema.Text(title=u"Description", description=u"Summary of the body") body = schema.Text(title=u"Body text", required=False, default=u"Body text goes here") details = schema.Text(title=u"Details", required=False) class FSPage(dexterity.Item): grok.implements(IPage) grok.name('example.page') def __init__(self, id=None, title=None, description=None, body=None, details=None): self.id = id # required - or call super() with this argument self.title = title self.description = description self.body = body self.details = details
This will register a factory utility if one is not already present with the name ‘example.fspage’.
You can also use the ‘add_permission()’ directive to cause the type to be registered as a Zope 2 content class, in the same way that the <five:registerClass /> directive does:
class ZopeTwoItem(dexterity.Item): grok.implements(IPage) dexterity.add_permission('cmf.AddPortalContent') portal_type = 'example.zopetwopage'
However, for most content types, this will be unnecessary.
To create a Dexterity add-, edit- or display form for your type, use the AddForm, EditForm or DisplayForm base classes. For example:
from plone.directives import dexterity from plone.directives import form from five import grok from zope import schema class IPage(form.Schema): title = schema.TextLine(title=u"Title") description = schema.Text(title=u"Description", description=u"Summary of the body") body = schema.Text(title=u"Body text", required=False, default=u"Body text goes here") details = schema.Text(title=u"Details", required=False) class View(dexterity.DisplayForm): """The view. May will a template from <modulename>_templates/view.pt, and will be called 'view' unless otherwise stated. """ grok.require('zope2.View') grok.context(IPage) class Edit(dexterity.EditForm): """A standard edit form. """ grok.context(IPage) def updateWidgets(self): super(Edit, self).updateWidgets() self.widgets['title'].mode = 'hidden'
These forms are grokked in a manner that is similar to plone.directives.form, and support custom template associations. Please note, however:
- When using dexterity.AddForm as a base, you must use the grok.name() directive to give the name of the add view. Usually, this is the same as the name of the Factory Type Information object.
- When using dexterity.EditForm as a base, you must use grok.context() and supply a Dexterity content type interface as an argument. This is to allow proper re-use of types.
1.0.2 - 2011-09-25
- Fix super() call in plone.directives.dexterity.AddForm [davisagli]
1.0.1 - 2011-09-24
- Honor the plone.directives.form.wrap directive on add forms. They remain wrapped by default for backwards-compatibility with custom templates. This closes http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=184 [davisagli]
1.0 - 2011-05-20
- Fix reST. [davisagli]
1.0b1 - 2010-08-05
- Make sure custom add forms redirect to the correct place after creating content. Fixes http://code.google.com/p/dexterity/issues/detail?id=136 [optilude]
1.0a2 - 2009-11-17
- Fix deprecation warnings on Zope 2.12 [optilude]
1.0a1 - 2009-07-25
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.directives.dexterity-1.0.2.zip (25.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for plone.directives.dexterity-1.0.2.zip