Dexterity behavior for enabling multilingual extensions
plone.multilingualbehavior adds multilingual behavior to content types built with Dexterity. It uses the next generation multilingual engine powered by five/Zope3 technologies, plone.multilingual.
The behavior provides the Dexterity-driven content with a marker interface “ITranslatable”, and makes available to that translation enabled type all the translation UI components such as menus, views, etc…
To make your Dexterity content type translatable, add the following line to the <!– enabled behaviors –> section in your type’s profile:
<!-- enabled behaviors --> <property name="behaviors"> <element value="plone.multilingualbehavior.interfaces.IDexterityTranslatable" /> </property>
plone.multilingualbehavior implements language independent fields. The content of language independent fields is the same across all language versions. This is convenient, but also a little dangerous, because editing the field on any language version will change the content on all other language versions.
For details on how to make fields language independent, see the examples in the test folder. tests/schemata.py shows how to make fields language independent when using the Grok framework; tests/samplecontent_type.xml shows how to achieve the same thing in an xml file. It is also possible to set a field to be language independent through the web, given a sufficiently new version of plone.schemaeditor.
For more information, please visit: https://github.com/plone/plone.app.multilingual
Please report any bugs or feature requests to our issue tracker.
- Ramon Navarro [bloodbare] (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Víctor Fernández de Alba [sneridagh] (email@example.com)
- Daniel Widerin [saily]
1.2 - 2013-09-24
- Check property bypass_languageindependent_field_permission_check exists in registry to allow usage with lrf-branch. [saily]
- Rewrite handle_modified subscriber to notify ObjectModifiedEvent, and pass canonical object as event-description. This replaces the non-working semaphore. Fixes #65 [saily]
- Switch to a cloned user with a global Editor role to allow synchronization of language independant fields of other object (which the current user could not have permission to) when modifying an object. Fixes #66 [saily]
- We may need to know the language from a object that is not ITranslatable [ramon]
1.1 - 2013-06-19
- Minor PEP8 errors [ramon]
1.0 - 2013-04-16
- Removing ITG usage to ITranslationManager [pysailor]
- Added a test for adding multilingual behavior through the web [pysailor]
1.0rc1 - 2013-01-26
- Adding relationfield to test profile [ramon]
- PEP8 cleanup [saily]
- Correct import and add new dependency for plone.supermodel.model because plone.directives.form 2.0 does no longer depend on grok. [saily]
1.0b3 - 2012-10-04
- Added tests [sneridagh]
- Cleaning subscribers [ramon]
1.0b2 - 2012-7-9
- Enable Realtedfields copying the correct translated item when is language independent [ramon]
- Handle case of behaviors where attributes have never been set [do3cc]
1.0b1 - 2012-4-3
- Schema editor plugin to enable language indepedent fields TTW [ramon]
- Language independent field implementation [ramon]
- Supermodel, grok and native language independent field markers [ramon]
- ILanguage implementation [awello]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|plone.multilingualbehavior-1.2-py2.7.egg (44.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.7||Sep 24, 2013|
|plone.multilingualbehavior-1.2.tar.gz (21.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Sep 24, 2013|