OpenID authentication support for PAS
OpenID PAS support
Using this package everyone with an OpenID authentity will be able to login on your Zope site. OpenID accounts are not given any extra roles beyond the standard Authenticated role. This allows you to make a distinction between people that have explicitly signed up to your site and people who are unknown but have succesfully verified their identity.
This package is made to be used as a normal python package within Zope 2. This is only supported in Zope 2.10 or later. If you are using Zope 2.8 or Zope 2.9 you can install the pythonproducts package to add python package support to your Zope.
After installing this product in your python path it needs to be registered in your Zope instance. This can be done by putting a plone.openid-configure.zcml file in the etc/pakage-includes directory with this content:
<include package="plone.openid" />
This plugin needs an active plone.session plugin to manage the login sessions for authenticated users.
If you are using buildout you can also do this by adding a zcml statement to the instance section of your buildout:
[instance] zcml = plone.openid
The OpenID authentication flow goes like this:
- user submits a OpenID identity (which is a URL) to you site. This is done through a HTTP POST using a form variable called __ac_identity_url
- the PAS plugin sees this variable during credential extraction and initiates a OpenID challenge. This results in a transaction commit and a redirect to an OpenID server.
- the OpenID server takes care of authenticating the user and redirect the user back to the Zope site.
- the OpenID PAS plugin extracts the information passed in via the OpenID server redirect and uses that in its authentication code to complete the OpenID authentication
The PAS plugin only takes care of authenticating users. In almost all environments it will be needed to also setup a session so users stay logged in when they visit another page. This can be done via a special session management PAS plugin, for example plone.session.
1.2 - August 19, 2008
- Fixed bug where you could not log in via OpenID, immediately log out, and then immediately log in again. [davisagli]
- Upgraded to python-openid>=2.2.1 to fix handling of OpenID providers that use identifier recycling. (c.f. http://developer.yahoo.com/openid/faq.html) This closes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/8051. [davisagli]
- Use the OpenID “claimed identifier” so that the proper identity URL is displayed when using delegation. [davisagli]
1.1 - April 21, 2008
- Writing test and fixes for bug #7176 whereby a traceback was produced when an empty string identity was placed in the openid login form. [andrewb]
- Do not enable OpenID support if python has no SSL support. [wichert]
1.0.1 - November 9, 2007
- Also accept https URLs as valid identifiers. This fixes http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/7298 [wichert]
1.0 - August 15, 2007
- First stable release [wichert]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|plone.openid-1.1.1-py2.4.egg (30.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Egg||2.4||Aug 19, 2008|
|plone.openid-1.1.1.tar.gz (18.8 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Aug 19, 2008|