An add-on to make patternslib patterns available within Plone 5.
An add-on to make patternslib patterns available within Plone 5. It has some limitations (see below).
Plone 5’s Mockup patterns have been relying on the Patternslib core (scanner, registry, base class etc.) for quite some time already.
Because of this it’s possible to use Patternslib patterns (as opposed to the Mockup patterns in Plone 5).
This package makes a selection of those patterns available in Plone 5.
There are still a few patterns that both Plone 5 and Patternslib have. They either conflict, because they use the same name or they conflict, because they attempt to do the same or similar things. For now we chose to explicitly exclude them here.
The Patternslib patterns that are currently disabled (for various reasons) are:
- pat-legend: It conflicts with pat-autotoc
- pat-sortable: Naming conflict with pat-sortable in Mockup.
- pat-tabs: New, unreleased Patternslib pattern. Not aware of any conflicts.
- pat-toggle: Naming conflict with pat-toggle in Mockup.
- pat-tooltip: Naming conflict with pat-tooltip in Mockup.
There are example browser views for four patterns in the browser directory. If all went well, you can test the following patterns by calling their browser view examples on your plone site:
This package is built similarly to how the mockup sources are pulled into the Plone egg. There is a Makefile which clones patternslib. Similarly to how it is done in Plone5, Patternslib is cloned and built, but only the necessary parts of it are checked in to plone.patternslib.
Make sure that when you update Patternslib that the newer version or files are compatible with the version of
pat-utils that are in Mockup/Plone 5.0.x.
We are able to override the version of
pat-parser, but not
because it’s included in the
plone-compiled.js bundle (“baked into the cake” so to speak).
This means that we have to rely on the version of
pat-utils in Mockup/Plone 5.x.
If no new methods have been added to
pat-utils in later versions of Patternslib, then it shouldn’t be an issue.
Install plone.patternslib by adding it to your buildout:
[buildout] ... eggs = plone.patternslib
and then running bin/buildout.
Install the plone.patternslib package into your site. It will register a patternslib resource bundle in addition to the existing plone mockup bundles.
If you are having issues, please put them into the issue tracker.
The project is licensed under the GPLv2.
- Git-un-exclude dist directory within the static folder. [thet]
- Fix font-awesome web font path. [thet]
- Fix Leaflet icon integration. [thet]
- Register resources with their uncompressed files, whereever they are available. This helps debugging and the resource registry itself can handle compression on it’s own. [thet]
- Upgrade Patternslib to latest version. [thet]
- Better pat-gallery integration. [thet]
- Add pat-leaflet resources. [thet]
- Use bower to manage resources instead of Makefile script. [thet]
- Remove browserlayer and add upgrade step for removal from component registry. [thet]
- Cleanup. [thet]
- Polyfill removeDuplicateObjects so that we can use version 2.0.13 of Patternslib with Plone/Mockup which still uses Patternslib 2.0.11.
- Initial release.