Buildout recipe for running tests isolated at package boundaries
This recipe creates a testrunner script which is suitable for running all tests in a buildout environment at once.
At least in Zope2 there are frequently test isolation problems caused by too much global state being used. Instead of fighting against these test isolation problems, this recipe provides a convenient way to run all tests on a package by package basis, provides an overall summary and exits with a combined status code for all tests runs. The latter makes it possible to use this in a buildbot environment.
The options you can set in the recipes section in your buildout.cfg.
- A list of packages that should be tested. Defaults to the eggs of the [test] part, if available.
- The file system location of a zc.recipe.testrunner test runner, which needs to be configured correctly to run all tests for all specified eggs. Defaults to bin/test.
- A list of eggs which should be excluded from the test runs. The values are interpreted as Python regular expressions.
- A buildout section containing a mapping of group names to package names.
- An buildout section containing a mapping of distribution names to package names.
This recipe create one script named after the recipe section.
All options are optional, so a minimal part looks like this:
[test-all] recipe = plone.recipe.alltests
This creates a bin/test-all script that runs bin/test for all eggs (and their dependencies) specified in the [test] part.
Reporting bugs or asking questions
We have a shared bugtracker and help desk on Launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/collective.buildout/
1.1 - 2009-08-19
- Added bin/test as default for test-script option. And [test]’s eggs (if the part is available) are used if the eggs option isn’t specified explicitly. [reinout]
1.0 - 2009-08-02
- Added support for grouping multiple packages into one test group, avoiding some of the shared test setup cost. [hannosch]
- Added total test time to the output. [hannosch]
- Automatically extend the test path with the package location. [hannosch]
- Allow the use of regular expressions in the exclude list. [hannosch]
- Initial implementation. [hannosch]
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.recipe.alltests-1.1.zip (9.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|