This recipe install the Deliverance proxy as an out-of-process transform.
To learn more about Deliverance, see http://openplans.org/projects/deliverance
This will probably only work on Unix systems. On Windows, you are likely to need to install binaries for lxml. Tested primarily on OS X. If you have got it to work on Windows, please let the author know!
Add this to your buildout.cfg:
[buildout] parts = deliverance [deliverance] recipe = plone.recipe.deliverance
This will download the Deliverance egg and its dependencies. It will also fetch and build libxml2 and libxslt from source.
A new script will be written to the top-level ‘bin’ directory, called ‘deliverance’ (taken from the name of thes buildout part). This sets up the environment appropriately and then starts the Deliverance daemon.
A Deliverance configuration file will be generated in deliverance/deliverance-proxy.ini. You can edit this - it will not be overridden when buildout is re-run, although it will be re-generated if it is removed.
The files deliverance/rules/rules.xml and deliverance/rules/standardrules.xml contain a example rules. An example theme is installed in deliverance/static/theme.html. If you change these, they will not be overridden. If you remove the ‘rules’ and ‘static’ directories, they will be recreated with these example files, otherwise they are left alone.
Other possible options for the deliverance section include:
- Any other eggs you may want to install. By default, this is just the Deliverance egg (and its dependencies, of course).
- Any console scripts to install. By default, this includes ‘paster’. Set this an empty value to disable script generation (for example if another recipe is installing ‘paster’)
- Path to a script to use to run ‘paster’. Defaults to the generated ‘paster’ script. This option is only needed if you disable script generation and there is no bin/paster in the buildout.
- A URL from which the libxml2 sources can be downloaded. If you do not want libxml2 to be installed, set this to an empty value. Otherwise, a default “known good” version is downloaded and compiled.
- A URL from which libxslt sources can be downloaded. Again, set this to an empty value to avoid compiling libxslt.
The following options affect the generated deliverance-proxy.ini configuration file.
- Set to true or false to enable or disable deliverance error reporting.
- The host to bind the Deliverance process to. By default, it will listen to any IP address.
- The port for the Deliverance process. Defaults to 8000.
- The URL being proxied by Deliverance. Defaults to http://localhost:8080.
- A URI for the theme. To specify a path relative to the ‘deliverance’ prefix it with “/.deliverance/”. The default is /.deliverance/static/theme.html
- A URI for the rules file. Again, use “/.deliverance” to specify a path relative to the ‘deliverance’ directory. The default is /.deliverance/rules/rules.xml
- Rewrite all headers and internal links to appear to come from the proxied server. Defaults to ‘true’.
- Do not rewrite the Host header when passing on a request. Defaults to ‘true’.
- Configure the serializer used to turn deliverance’s DOM tree. Defaults to “deliverance.serializer.HTML4”. Use “deliverance.serializer.XHTML” if you need to output XHTML. Only available on svn versions of deliverance.
1.0 - UNRELEASED
- Add an option to configure the deliverance serializer. [wichert]
- Correct reST syntax in documentation and add the changelog to the package’s long description. [wichert]
1.0b4 - September 1, 2007
- Build dependencies first [optilude]
1.0b3 - June 19, 2007
- Build in some resiliance for win32, by not attempting to CMMI there. Also replace the wrapper script with a python one, which should work cross-platform. [optilude]
1.0b2 - June 14, 2007
- Correct permissions for generated scripts. [optilude]
- Add link to the Deliverance site [optilude]
1.0b1 - June 14, 2007
- Initial release [optilude]
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.recipe.deliverance-1.0rc1-py2.4.egg (13.8 kB)||File type Egg||Python version 2.4||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size plone.recipe.deliverance-1.0rc1.tar.gz (11.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for plone.recipe.deliverance-1.0rc1-py2.4.egg
Hashes for plone.recipe.deliverance-1.0rc1.tar.gz