Configuration and code reload without Zope server restarts.
Configuration and code reload without server restarts.
This code is heavily based on the Products.RefreshNG product found at http://launchpad.net/refreshng.
The original xreload.py written by Guido van Rossum can be found at http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/xreload/xreload.py
It has some enhancements, but those seem to break more code than do any good in a Zope environment with patched in meta classes and monkey patches all over the place.
While being logged into the ZMI as a Manager user goto /@@zcml_reload on your Zope application root via a browser. If your Zope is configured to listen on port 8080 on localhost this is:
You should see a message:
Global ZCML reloaded.
Subsequent reloads of this page will reload all global ZCML from all packages and products each time.
If you get a Resource not found error, make sure you have loaded this packages configure.zcml file and you really use the ZODB application root and not a Plone site as the base url.
To reload Python code from the file system goto /@@code_reload. You will see a page with the ‘Code reloaded:’ message and a listing of all the modules which were reloaded.
- Merged r20 from http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~refreshng-dev/refreshng/dev. This fixes https://bugs.launchpad.net/refreshng/+bug/175898. [hannosch]
- Removed various levels of caching which turned out to be premature and caused lots of modules not to be found. [hannosch]
- Made the code reload available as its own @@code_reload view. [hannosch]
- Integrated xreload.py from RefreshNG and added a first working version of a general manual code reload feature. [hannosch]
- Fixed caching issues by invalidating all ZODB caches. If you have local site managers spread across multiple FileStorages this might still not work as expected. [hannosch]
- Added cleanup for CMFCore and PAS. [hannosch]
- Added compatibility with Zope 2.10 / Plone 3.0. [hannosch]
- Initial implementation based heavily on Products.RefreshNG. [hannosch]
- Initial package structure. [zopeskel]
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plone.reload-0.5.tar.gz (11.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|