Pre-integrated social business suite for Plone
The PloneSocial suite is an integrated set of social business add-ons for Plone.
PloneSocial provides a full microblogging solution, including activity streams, user profiles and follow/unfollow functionality.
This package is maintained by Cosent.
Add the plonesocial.suite egg to your buildout:
[instance] eggs = Zope2 PIL Plone plonesocial.suite
Run the buildout.
Install “Plonesocial Suite” via the Quickinstaller.
plonesocial.theme provides a Bootstrap based Diazo theme which is made available but not activated by default.
Install “Plonesocial Theme” via the Quickinstaller for a better user experience.
If you need some demo content to play with, you can run the “Plonesocial Suite (demo)” profile from GenericSetup.
The demo profile creates a number of fake users that interact on the site. Demo users all have the same password for testing purposes.
Do not install the demo profile into a production site.
Features and Roadmap
- microblog status updates
- personal profile with follow/unfollow - and following/followers social graph views
- activitystream, with integrated: - status updates - content creation - discussion replies - hashtag support - filter by “following”
- multi-workspace support for microblogging and activitystreams
- (optional) a Bootstrap based Diazo theme.
The slideshow of the PloneSocial roadmap presentation at Plone Open Garden 2012 is available on Slideshare.
An extensive roadmap for the plonesocial suite is available on github.
Guido Stevens, Author
Leonardo J. Caballero G. Asko Soukka
- update docs
- extensive IMicroblogContext functional test coverage [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- IMicroblogContext functional test coverage WIP [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- demo: setup a full IMicroblogContext workspace [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- adjust robot tests to new @@stream traversal behaviour [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- move navigation bar to plonesocial.activitystream [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- fix tests for theme integration [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- integrate plonesocial.theme into demo setup [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- make demo setup idempotent [Guido A.J. Stevens]
- IMicroblogContext test coverage TODO [Guido Stevens]
- plonesocial navigation bar should not be visible to anon [gyst]
- Robot integration tests with Travis/Saucelabs integration [gyst, datakurre]
- update changelog, release [gyst]
- provide a virtualenv-enabled Travis buildout that can be debugged on a dev box [gyst]
- re-activate code analysis tests (but only on plonesocial.suite itself) [gyst]
- Added locales and i18n extract script [macagua]
- Added more improvements about i18n support [macagua]
- Updated contributors file [macagua]
- Updated changelog file [macagua]
- disable pep8/pyflakes for now [gyst]
- fix packages to be tested [hvelarde]
- pep8/pyflakes [hvelarde]
- update Travis CI configuration to include pep8/pyflakes testing [hvelarde]
- oops we do need test-eggs [gyst]
- ignore dist [gyst]
- move sources into ./src/ to enable multi-package tests on Travis [gyst]
- update location of extended configuration as the plonetest repo was moved to GitHub [hvelarde]
- update list of ignored objects [hvelarde]
- Cannot get multi-package tests to work with Travis [gyst]
- let Travis run the full cross-integrated test suite [gyst]
- cleanup, bump version, update docs [gyst]
- add Travis CI configuration [hvelarde]
- fix rst formatting [gyst]
- update install doc [gyst]
- tune demo generator [gyst]
- merge: provide integration menu [gyst]
This release integrates plonesocial.network.
- update docs [gyst]
- fix dependency [gyst]
- reindent for better pep8 [gyst]
- enable plone.app.discussion by default for Documents, Events and News Items [gyst]
- flush_queue is now public [gyst]
- setup demo graph [gyst]
- demo users + microblog updates [gyst]
- link plonesocial.network [gyst]
- integrate plonesocial.network [gyst]
- GS name and plonesocial.network [gyst]
- version bump to 0.4 [gyst]
- update changelog [gyst]
- renamed portletmanager [gyst]
- fix test setup [gyst]
- nicer Add-on profile name [gyst]
- bump version [gyst]
- activity stream view is renamed [gyst]
- automate view and portlet assignments [gyst]
- get rid of src dir indirection [gyst]
- undo “extract standalone view from plonesocial.activitystream” - manual merge of multiple changes [gyst]
- update documentation [gyst]
- hide stream viewlet, show only in dedicated standalone view by default [gyst]
- cleanup extraction and declare dependencies [gyst]
- extract standalone view from plonesocial.activitystream [gyst]
- initial checkin from ZopeSkel [gyst]