Create two-dimensional graphics and animations with code
PlotDevice is a Macintosh application used for computational graphic design. It provides an interactive Python environment where you can create two-dimensional graphics and output them in a variety of vector, bitmap, and animation formats. It is meant both as a sketch environment for exploring generative design and as a general purpose graphics library for use in stand-alone Python programs.
PlotDevice is a fork of NodeBox 1.9.7rc1 with support for modern versions of Python and Mac OS.
The new version features:
- Python 3 compatible
- Can now be built with system Python or Homebrew versions of the interpreter
- Much faster import times on Yosemite thanks to a bundled copy of PyObjC 3.0.4
- HTTP is now handled by the requests module and caches responses locally
- Totally revamped typography system with support for OpenType features, pagination, multi-column text, character geometry, and more
- Added 130+ unit tests (run them with python setup.py test) plus bugfixes for for measure(), textpath(), Bezier.fit(), read(), and the Preferences dialog
Version 0.9.4 added:
- Enhanced command line interface.
- New text editor with tab completion, syntax color themes, and emacs/vi bindings.
- Video export in H.264 or animated gif formats (with GCD-based i/o).
- Added support for external editors by reloading the source when changed.
- Build system now works with Xcode or py2app for the application and pip for the module.
- Virtualenv support (for both installation of the module and running scripts with dependencies).
- External scripts can use from plotdevice import * to create a drawing environment.
- Simplified bezier & affine transform api using the python ‘with’ statement
- New compositing operations for blend mode, global opacity, and dropshadows
- Simplified typography commands with stylesheet-based character styles
- Now uses the system’s Python 2.7 interpreter.
- Mac OS X 10.9+
- Python 2.7 or 3.4+
- the requests, cachecontrol, and lockfile modules
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plotdevice-0.10.0.tar.gz (2.3 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|