A meter to show your typing speed in Plover
This is a plugin for Plover to display your typing speed as you type, in either or both of words per minute or strokes per minute:
- Words per minute: Shows the rate at which you stroked words in the last 10 and 60 seconds.
- Strokes per minute: Shows how efficiently you stroked words in the last 10 and 60 seconds. Lower values are more efficient, e.g. a value of 1 means that on average it took you one stroke to write out a word.
A word is defined in one of three ways:
- NCRA: The [National Court Reporters Association](https://www.ncra.org/) defines a “word” as 1.4 syllables. This is the measure used for official NCRA testing material.
- Traditional: The traditional metric for “word” in the context of keyboarding is defined to be 5 characters per word, including spaces. This is compatible with the notion of “word” in many typing speed utilities.
- Spaces: A word is a whitespace-separated sequence of characters. This metric of course doesn’t take into account the fact that some words are longer than others, both in length and syllables.
The meters look like this:
![The WPM meter in action](media/wpm-meter.png) ![The strokes meter in action](media/strokes-meter.png)
To install this plugin, you’ll need to build Plover from source, then install this package with an invocation something like this:
` pip install git+git://github.com/arxanas/plover_wpm_meter `
Then launch Plover and select the WPM meter from the tools.
This plugin is licensed under the GPLv3.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size plover_wpm_meter-0.1-py3-none-any.whl (10.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 3.5||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size plover_wpm_meter-0.1.tar.gz (39.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for plover_wpm_meter-0.1-py3-none-any.whl