A meter to show your typing speed in Plover
Plover WPM Meter
This is a plugin for Plover to display your typing speed as you type, in either or both of words per minute or strokes per minute:
- Words per minute: Shows the rate at which you stroked words in the last 10 and 60 seconds.
- Strokes per minute: Shows how efficiently you stroked words in the last 10 and 60 seconds. Lower values are more efficient, e.g. a value of 1 means that on average it took you one stroke to write out a word.
A word is defined in one of three ways:
- NCRA: The National Court Reporters Association defines a “word” as 1.4 syllables. This is the measure used for official NCRA testing material.
- Traditional: The traditional metric for “word” in the context of keyboarding is defined to be 5 characters per word, including spaces. This is compatible with the notion of “word” in many typing speed utilities.
- Spaces: A word is a whitespace-separated sequence of characters. This metric of course doesn’t take into account the fact that some words are longer than others, both in length and syllables.
The meters look like this:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|plover_wpm_meter-0.2.2-py3-none-any.whl (11.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3||Jan 30, 2018|
|plover_wpm_meter-0.2.2.tar.gz (39.6 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Jan 30, 2018|