A pmxbot glossary extension.
Glossary extension for [pmxbot](https://bitbucket.org/yougov/pmxbot/wiki/Home).
Note that this will override the default pmxbot !define command.
## Command Examples
Get a definition
Add a definition
!define carrot: An orange rod
Update a definition
Same as adding one:
!define carrot: An orange vegetable. For more, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot
This creates a new definition without overwriting the old one.
Get an older definition
!whatis carrot: 1
This returns the first definition. !whatis carrot 2 would return the second, and so on.
Get a random definition
This extension is an effort to test the following hypothesis:
Maintaining definitions of domain lingo via a chat bot is the best way to keep those definitions up to date and readily accessible (assuming the group uses some form of internet chat).
This may be the case because:
- It allows painless updating of the definitions (no pull requests, etc.).
- It allows painless retrieval of the definitions.
- It provides a single entry point to docs that are spread among a number of sources (assuming you provide links).
- It enables somewhat automatic review of definitions as they are added or retrieved.
- It creates “accidental” education: you’ll learn stuff just sitting in a channel and seeing the definitions scroll by.
- It keeps the definitions in front of the eyes of the domain experts, maximizing the chances they will spot an obsolete, misguided, or missing entry.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pmxbot_glossary-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (18.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size pmxbot-glossary-0.2.0.tar.gz (10.8 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for pmxbot_glossary-0.2.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl