Localize Django applications without compiling .po files
- Localize Django applications without installing gettext, pybabel or compiling .po files.
- Automatically reload translations when any .po file is modified.
- Extract messages from templates and python files automatically or using a management command.
- python 2.7 or >= 3.2
- django >= 1.6
$ pip install po-localization
- Add 'po_localization' to your INSTALLED_CLASSES.
- Add 'po_localization.middleware.PoLocalizationMiddleware' to your MIDDLEWARE_CLASSES.
- AUTO_RELOAD_TRANSLATIONS = settings.DEBUG
- Whether translation files should be checked for modifications and reloaded before each request.
- AUTO_UPDATE_TRANSLATIONS = False
- Whether translation files should be automatically created or updated when templates or python files changes.
- UPDATE_TRANSLATIONS_PACKAGES = ()
- List of packages to update using the management command or when auto-update is enabled.A ‘locale’ folder containing all translation files will be created or updated in each of those packages.This ‘locale’ folder should be added to LOCALE_PATHS if the package is not a Django app.
- UPDATE_TRANSLATIONS_EXCLUDED_LOCALES = ()
- List of locales to exclude from update.All locales from languages in LANGUAGES which are not in this exclusion list will be updated.
- UPDATE_TRANSLATIONS_WITH_LOCATIONS = True
- Whether translation files should include the locations of the extracted messages.
- UPDATE_TRANSLATIONS_PRUNE_OBSOLETES = False
- Whether obsolete translations should be pruned from translation files.Empty translations will always be pruned.Even if not pruned, obsolete translations will be marked as such with a comment.
- Extract messages from templates and python files and create or update translation files.
If you have any suggestions, bug reports or annoyances please report them to the issue tracker at https://github.com/kmichel/po-localization/issues .