A library to manipulate gettext files (po and mo files).
polib provides a simple and pythonic API to manipulate, create, modify gettext files (pot, po and mo files). You can load existing files, iterate through it’s entries, add, modify entries, comments or metadata, etc… or create new files from scratch.
- What’s new in version 0.4.1:
- fixed issue #0006: plural msgstrs were saved unsorted,
- fixed issue #0008: long comment lines broke ‘save()’ method,
- removed performance shortcuts: they were in fact inefficient,
- fixed issue #0010: wrong polib version number,
- fixed issue #0011: occurrences parsing is now more robust and can handle weird references formats (like in eToys OLPC po files),
- fixed issue #0012: improved merge() method.