Populate your database with god-like powers
Populous is a tool for fast and rich data generation. From a description of your schema say how many objects you want, what they should look like, and populous will create them for you!
The project is in a very early stage and proof-of-concept state. Please be patient, but don’t hesitate to share your thoughts and desires with us in the issues.
Sorry, but the documentation is not ready yet :( .
However, if you are very eager to try it, here is what you can do:
- Install populous: pip install populous
- Have a PostgreSQL database at hand
- Find some blueprints (YAML files describing what you want to generate) or create some. This is the tricky part, but you can find some examples in the demo/blueprints/ directory.
- Launch populous with those blueprints: populous run postgres demo/blueprints/*.yml (you can pass your postgres instance either via PG* environment variables or via arguments)
- Gaze at your freshly generated data via psql or any other tool!
OSX compilation problems
There’s currently no pre-compiled package for the peloton_bloomfilters library, which is a current requirement for populous. To correctly install it in your environment, you’re going to:
- install gcc (via homebrew, for example),
- install the package using the following flags ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" CC=/usr/bin/gcc.
For example, to install locally:
ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" CC=/usr/bin/gcc pip install peloton_bloomfilters
Or if you want to run the test suite via tox:
ARCHFLAGS="-arch x86_64" CC=/usr/bin/gcc tox
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size populous-0.2.2-py2-none-any.whl (31.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version 2.7||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size populous-0.2.2.tar.gz (22.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|