A WSGI compliant REST micro-framework
## Prestans 2.0
A WSGI compliant REST micro-framework.
Prestans is a REST micro-framework built right on top of WSGI, designed perform and co-exists with other middleware and frameworks that you employ. Our target audience are developers building large REST backends for use with pure Ajax (using a framework like Google Closure) or mobile applications. prestans is designed for you to “take as much or as little” you like, although we do think that it all works really well together.
Reasons we think you will love Prestans:
- Built right on top of WSGI, designed ground up to cooperate with other frameworks
- Strong representative of REST philosophies leveraging HTTP headers and verbs
- Support for multiple dialects, including formalised patterns for binary content
- Handlers maps HTTP verbs to implemented class methods, complimented with custom request parser and response writer (built on top of WebOb)
- Unforgivingly strict parsing of requests and responses to ensure data integrity
- Helper methods to ease transformation of persistent objects to REST responses
- Pluggable integration to authentication
prestans ensures that we provide extensive and useful documentation, published at available on [Read The Docs](http://docs.prestans.org “prestans documentation”). Sphinx source available on [Github](http://github.com/prestans/prestans-docs/ “Docs source”).
We also offer a set of [client side tools](https://github.com/prestans/prestans-client/ “prestans client”) to compliment Google Closure.
If you are still wondering prestans is a latin word meaning “excellent, distinguished, imminent.” :)
We recommend the use of our mailing lists as the primary way of getting help:
We prefer the use of our [Issue Tracker on Github](https://github.com/prestans/prestans/issues “Issue Tracker”), to triage feature requests, bug reports.
Before you lodge a lodge a ticket:
- Seek wisdom from our comprehensive documentation
- Check to ensure that you are not lodging a duplicate request
- Google to see that it’s not something to do with your server environment (versions of Web server, WSGI connectors, etc)
- Ensure that you ask a question on our list, there might already be answer out there or we might have already acknowledged the issue
When reporting issues:
- Include as much detail as you can about your environment (e.g Server OS, Web Server Version, WSGI connector)
- Steps that we can use to replicate the bug
- Share a bit of your application code with us, it goes a long way to replicate issues
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size prestans-2.0.5.macosx-10.10-intel.exe (135.3 kB)||File type Windows Installer||Python version any||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size prestans-2.0.5.tar.gz (41.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for prestans-2.0.5.macosx-10.10-intel.exe