properties gives structure (and documentation!) to the properties you use in your
properties-image extends this to include image files.
properties package allows you to create strongly typed objects in a
consistent way. This allows you to hook into notifications and other libraries.
properties-image package contains additional image file properties with
external dependencies not included in
- Provide supplementary Property classes to the
- Allow dependency-heavy classes to be installed separately
- traits is used by Enthought
- traitlets is used in the Jupyter project
- mypy and PEP0484 which document typing but do not include coercion or notifications
Other image libraries:
To install the repository, ensure that you have pip installed and run:
pip install properties_image
For the development version:
git clone https://github.com/3ptscience/properties-image.git cd properties-image pip install -e .
To include an image property, import
Then the image property classes will be in the
ext module. For additional examples,
import properties import properties_image class NamedImage(properties.HasProperties): name = properties.String('Name of the image') image = properties.ext.ImagePNG('The image')