A library for W3C Provenance Data Model supporting PROV-JSON and PROV-XML
A library for W3C Provenance Data Model supporting PROV-JSON and PROV-XML import/export
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: http://prov.readthedocs.org.
- An implementation of the W3C PROV Data Model in Python.
- In-memory classes for PROV assertions, which can then be output as PROV-N
- Serialization and deserializtion support: PROV-JSON and PROV-XML.
- Exporting PROV documents into various graphical formats (e.g. PDF, PNG, SVG).
This package is used extensively by ProvStore, a respository for provenance documents.
- Python 3.3 and 3.4 supported
- Updated prov-convert script to support XML output
- Added missing test JSON and XML files in distributions
- Added: prov.graph.prov_to_graph to convert a ProvDocument to a MultiDiGraph
- Added: PROV-N serializer
- Fixed: None values for empty formal attributes in PROV-N output (issue #60)
- Fixed: PROV-N representation for xsd:dateTime (issue #58)
- Fixed: Unintended merging of Identifier and QualifiedName values
- Fixed: Cloning the records when creating a new document from them
- Fixed: incorrect SoftwareAgent records in XML serialization
- Added: Support for PROV-XML serialization and deserialization
- A ProvRecord instance can now be used as the value of an attributes
- Added: convenient assertions methods for ProvEntity, ProvActivity, and ProvAgent
- Added: ProvDocument.update() and ProvBundle.update()
- Fixed: Handling default namespaces of bundles when flattened
- Added: Default namespace inheritance for bundles
- Fixed: NamespaceManager.valid_qualified_name did not support prov.model.XSDQName
- Added: Convenience prov.read method with a lazy format detection
- Added: Convenience plot method on the ProvBundle class (requiring matplotlib).
- Changed: The previous add_record() method renamed to new_record()
- Added: The new add_record() function which takes one argument, a ProvRecord, has been added
- Fixed: Document flattening
- Added: hash function added to ProvRecord (at risk: to be removed as ProvRecord is expected to be mutable)
- Added: extra_attributes added to mirror existing formal_attributes
- The underlying data model has been rewritten and is incompatible with pre-1.0 versions.
- References to PROV elements (i.e. entities, activities, agents) in relation records are now QualifiedName instances.
- A document or bundle can have multiple records with the same identifier.
- PROV-JSON serializer and deserializer are now separated from the data model.
- Many tests added, including round-trip PROV-JSON encoding/decoding.
- For changes pre-1.0, see CHANGES.txt
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size prov-1.3.0-1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (236.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version any||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size prov-1.3.0.tar.gz (89.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for prov-1.3.0-1-py2.py3-none-any.whl