Native process-shared rwlock support for Python
A reader-writer lock for Python that can (must, actually) be used for locking across multiple Python processes.
The rationale and initial implementation of the project can be found in the accompanying blog post.
This package is available on PyPi, so you can install the latest stable release with a simple pip call:
$ pip install prwlock
All you have to do is import the module and start using it. There is no need for initialization. Therefore, a code block such as the one below is enough to get an RWLock instance.
from prwlock import RWLock rwlock = RWLock()
The RWLock itself is pickleable and, therefore, can be passed around to child processes, such as in the code block below.
from __future__ import print_function import os import time from multiprocessing import Pool from prwlock import RWLock def f(rwlock): for i in range(2): print(os.getpid(), 'Acquiring read lock') rwlock.acquire_read() print(os.getpid(), 'Sleeping for a while') time.sleep(1) print(os.getpid(), 'Releasing lock') rwlock.release() time.sleep(.1) r = RWLock() children = 20 pool = Pool(processes=children) for child in range(children): pool.apply_async(f, [r])
- 0.3.0: Completed the API’s implementation. Namely:
- Added support for immediate failure when locks cannot be obtained;
- Added timeouts for obtaining the locks.
- 0.2.0: Added support for RWLocks on Windows XP and above. Changed the API so that the lock can be imported as from prwlock import RWLock, instead of the slightly awkward from prwlock.prwlock import RWLock method.
- 0.1.1: Fixed the value of the PTHREAD_PROCESS_SHARED constant for Mac OS X. Also added a check to prevent double destruction of the underlying lock on Mac OS X.
- 0.1.0: Initial release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size prwlock-0.3.0-py2-none-any.whl (14.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size prwlock-0.3.0-py3-none-any.whl (14.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size prwlock-0.3.0.tar.gz (10.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|