Ptah is a fast, fun, open source high-level Python web development environment.
Ptah is a fast, fun, open source high-level Python web development environment. Ptah is built on top of the Pyramid web framework. Ptah’s goal is to make developing interactive web sites and applications fun. Ptah aims to fill a void in the Pyramid eco-system, a “full stack” environment which is well integrated and provides opinions (forms, management ui, models, etc).
Ptah is loosely affiliated with the Pyramid, Django, Drupal and Zope/Plone communities.
Most documentation requires Ptah 0.3 or greater.
You can read the
ptah documentation on-line at
- Python 2.6+ or Python 3.2+
Note for Windows Users
On Windows virtualenv/bin will be virtualenv/Scripts besides this difference everything else below is the same.
Grab the release
If you do not want to faff about with source, cloning repos, etc. Just grab the latest released version of ptah.
$ /path/to/virtualenv/bin/pip install ptah
Ptah from source
If you want the latest and greatest you need to grab code from source.
ptah from github and then install it:
$ /path/to/virtualenv/bin/python setup.py develop
then run the tests:
$ /path/to/virtualenv/bin/python setup.py test
An empty project
Let’s generate a empty project using the
ptah_starter scaffolding. You can start from there:
/path/to/virtualenv $ bin/pcreate -t ptah_starter myapp /path/to/virtualenv $ cd myapp /path/to/virtualenv/myapp $ ../bin/python setup.py develop /path/to/virtaulenv/myapp $ ../bin/pserve settings.ini --reload
Open your browser to http://localhost:6543/ if you want examples that do more such as demonstrating editing models and authentication. Check out the examples.
There are several example applications ready for you to install and see Ptah in action. You can find them in the
examples repository at github.
Support and Documentation
Ptahproject google groups/mailing list, Ptahproject Google Groups
On irc, use the freenode network and find us on channels, #ptahproject and #pyramid.
Documentation can be found in
docs directory. You can also see it online at http://ptahproject.readthedocs.org/
Report bugs at Ptahproject @ Github
On some versions of Ubuntu you may get Python 2.7 exiting stating it has “Aborted.” There is a bug in ctypes on that particular Ubuntu platform.
Ptah is offered under the BSD3 license.
- Split ptah.cms to external package
- venusian 1.0a6 compatibility
- venusian 1.0a4 compatibility
- Added html5 file api support in FileField
- alembic 0.2.x
- twitter bootstrap 2.0
- CKEditor (instead of tinymce)
ptah.enable_modulessetting, list of enabled management modules.
- Require alembic 0.1.1
content-typeheader for blob
- Do not use
requestfor application factories in
applicationsrest action. It brakes security for current root object.
- JQuery 1.7.1
- Check migration version information only if sqla has been configured.
- Run ptah.shutdown() before exit from process.
- Added voc_factory attribute to VocabularyField
- Stop process if current revisions are different from head revisions.
- Execute POPULATE_DB_SCHEMA populate step instead of all populate steps during migration.
- Added data migration subsystem. It is documented in the “Data migration” chapter.
- Added data population subsystem. It is documented in the “Data population” chapter.
- Added a ptah-migrate script. It is documented in the “Command-Line utilities” chapter.
- Added a ptah-populate script. It is documented in the “Command-Line utilities” chapter.
- Added a default_roles setting. It defines list of roles for principal.
- Its possible to start ptah without database.
- Added json dict column ptah_nodes.annotations.
- MySQL Compatibility #116
- Added python2.6 support.
- Added a ptah-manage script. It is documented in the “Command-Line utilities” chapter.
- Fixed mail template generation on python3
- require pyramid 1.3
- Fix rst renderer
- Initial release