| |BSD3 License|
| |Build Status|
| |Coverage Status|
| |Issue Count|
.. image:: https://badge.waffle.io/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher.png?label=ready&title=Ready
:alt: 'Stories in Ready'
a podcatcher that will finally work (for me)
This should support Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, and 3.5. Feel free to report
any issues here, and I’ll investigate when/if I can.
| You’ll need setuptools (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools) to
run this in its current state. Go get it, clone this repo, and you
| can run the below commands. Should work on OSX and Linux, from the
command line. You’ll want a default config file, name it config.yaml
| and look at example\_config.yaml to see how it should be structured.
Directory for config file:
- OSX: /Users/[USERNAME]/Application Support/puckfetcher/config.yaml
- Linux: /home/[USERNAME]/.config/puckfetcher/config.yaml
Build + Install:
python setup.py install
python setup.py test
- Retrieve podcast feed.
- Get podcast file URL from feed.
- Download podcast file.
- Download a set number of podcasts from a feed’s backlog.
- Load settings from a file to determine which podcasts to download.
- Save settings to a cache to restore on application load.
- Intelligently merge user settings and application cache.
- Add script entry point to repeatedly update subscriptions.
- Use etags/last-modified header to skip downloading feeds if we
already have the latest feed, to not waste bandwidth.
- PyPI release!
- Text-based progress for podcast downloads (via Clint).
- Clean up subscriptions code and get Pylint to like it.
- Local file support for rss feeds.
- lower code climate issues
- Text-based progress for other time-consuming actions.
- Clean up at least filenames based on feed title.
- Add MP3 tag support to clean up tags based on feed information if
- Cut out more errors in favor of verbose logging, unless we absolutely can't keep running.
- ncurses support/gui of some kind
- Attempt to support Jython/PyPy/IronPython/3.4/3.3
- Investigate Python static typing with
https://docs.python.org/dev/library/typing.html#module-typing and mypy.
- Allow parallel downloading.
.. |BSD3 License| image:: http://img.shields.io/badge/license-BSD3-brightgreen.svg
.. |Build Status| image:: https://travis-ci.org/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher.svg?branch=master
.. |Coverage Status| image:: https://coveralls.io/repos/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher/badge.svg?branch=master&service=github
.. |Issue Count| image:: https://codeclimate.com/github/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher/badges/issue_count.svg
TODO: Brief introduction on what you do with files - including link to relevant help section.