| |BSD3 License|
| |Build Status|
| |Coverage Status|
| |Issue Count|
.. image:: https://badge.fury.io/py/puckfetcher.svg
.. image:: https://badge.waffle.io/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher.png?label=ready&title=Ready
:alt: 'Stories in Ready'
A simple command-line podcatcher.
Supports Python 3.5+. Feel free to report any issues here, and I’ll investigate when/if I can.
| You’ll need setuptools (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools) to
run this in its current state. Go get it, clone this repo, and you
| can run the below commands. Should work on OSX and Linux, from the
command line. You’ll want a default config file, name it config.yaml
| and look at example\_config.yaml to see how it should be structured.
Directory for config file:
- OSX: /Users/[USERNAME]/Application Support/puckfetcher/config.yaml
- Linux: /home/[USERNAME]/.config/puckfetcher/config.yaml
Build + Install:
python3 setup.py install
- Download any podcast with an RSS URL.
- Download newest episodes on demand.
- Download any episode from a podcast's backlog.
- Respects podcast authors' websites - rate limits, checks when feed was last updated when trying
- Provides progress on downloads.
- Provides summary of recently-downloaded podcasts per-session, as well as summary of
recently-downloaded episodes per-podcast.
- Text-based progress for other time-consuming actions.
- Add MP3 tag support to clean up tags based on feed information if
- Support PyPy (when it supports 3.5+).
- Allow parallel downloading.
.. |BSD3 License| image:: http://img.shields.io/badge/license-BSD3-brightgreen.svg
.. |Build Status| image:: https://travis-ci.org/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher.svg?branch=master
.. |Coverage Status| image:: https://coveralls.io/repos/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher/badge.svg?branch=master&service=github
.. |Issue Count| image:: https://codeclimate.com/github/andrewmichaud/puckfetcher/badges/issue_count.svg
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.