A package for sending push notifications to Android and iOS devices. GNU GPL v3.
pushnotify is a package for sending push notifications. It currently supports Android devices running Notify My Android and Pushover, and iOS devices running Pushover and Prowl.
for more details about these applications.
All development for pushnotify takes place on bitbucket:
You can follow this project on Twitter:
To get started you can do the following:
$ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/jgoettsch/py-pushnotify/ $ cd py-pushnotify $ pip install -r requirements_dev.txt $ python setup.py develop
If you discover a bug, please create an issue ticket:
To run the test suite, you will have to create three modules:
This file must contain two global variables: API_KEYS and DEVELOPER_KEY. API_KEYS is a list containing at least one valid API key as a string. DEVELOPER_KEY is a string containing a valid developer key.
This file must contain two global variables: API_KEYS and PROVIDER_KEY. API_KEYS is a list containing at least one valid API key as a string. PROVIDER_KEY is a string containing a valid provider key. REG_TOKEN is a valid registration token that has already been validated through the retrieve_token/retrieve_apikey process.
This file must contain two global variables: TOKEN and USER. TOKEN is a string containing a valid API token. USER is a dictionary whose keys are strings containing valid user identifiers. The key values are lists containing strings, where each string contains a valid device identifier for the given API token. There must be one API token, and it must have one device indentifier.
If you have already downloaded pushnotify, run the following command inside this directory:
$ python setup.py install
If you have not yet downloaded pushnotify, it would be easier to do the following:
$ pip install pushnotify
Either method will install pushnotify into your current environment.
For a full history of changes see the commit history:
- license-change: this and future versions are now licensed under the GNU GPL v3.
- now uses the Requests package instead of urllib2
- backwards-incompatible change: each client now conforms to a standard interface, and can be instantiated with the get_client factory method
- each client now logs HTTP GET and POST operations
- Prowl.Client.retrieve_token and Prowl.Client.retrieve_apikey now raise a pushnotify.exceptions.ProviderKeyError if the specified Provider Key is invalid
- added support for Prowl: http://www.prowlapp.com/
- fixed an issue where developer keys were not being sent with Notify My Android verifications
- added support for Pushover: https://pushover.net/
- added support for Notify My Android: https://www.notifymyandroid.com/
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|pushnotify-0.5.1.tar.gz (117.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 3, 2013|
|pushnotify-0.5.1.zip (198.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Feb 3, 2013|