RBAC for Python
Fortress Role-Based Access Control
- Links to Install and Setup Docs
- About py-fortress and Role-Based Access Control
Links to Install and Setup Docs
Located under the doc folder and include:
|1.||README-BUILDING||To build the package from source|
|2.||README-QUICKSTART||Beginners start here|
|3.||README-LDAP-DOCKER||Run LDAP in Docker|
|4.||README-INSTALL||Install with PyPI Package|
|5.||README-API||API Usage Guide|
|6.||README-CLI||CLI for RBAC Admin and Review|
|7.||README-CLI-AUTH||CLI for RBAC System Testing|
About py-fortress and Role-Based Access Control
- Security access control APIs for the Python3 platform.
- Requires an LDAP server to store the policy data. Support for a File backend in the works.
- Published to PyPI as py-fortress.
- Compliant with ANSI INCITS 359 RBAC0, a.k.a "Core RBAC".
- Sponsored by SYMAS
- Released under Apache License 2.0.
Links to the API Modules
The following modules have inline code docs describing the API signatures, required attributes and usages.
|1.||access_mgr||create session, check access, add, drop active roles|
|2.||admin_mgr||add, update, delete, assign, deassign entities|
|3.||review_mgr||read and search entities and their relationships|
We're related to the Apache Fortress Java implementation and share:
- Data Format:
- Exception Ids:
- Method names and signatures:
- Management interfaces. Entries created by one can be processed by the other, and can be managed using Apache Fortress' Web and Rest interfaces:
The Apache Fortress Core has capabilities that py-fortress doesn't, like Hierarchical Roles (RBAC1), Static Separation of Duties (RBAC2) and Dynamic Separation of Duties (RBAC3).
About Role-Based Access Control
- Many-to-many relationship between Users, Roles and Permissions. Selective Role activation into Sessions. API to add, update, delete and search entity data; perform access control decisions during runtime.
- Link to ANSI INCITS 359 Specification
More RBAC info
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|py_fortress-0.0.7-py3-none-any.whl (69.5 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py3|
|py-fortress-0.0.7.tar.gz (50.4 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|