A simple package for multithreaded downloading
This package aims to provide the functionality to download large files from the internet using chunked and multithreaded downloads.
- Command Line Usage
- Developer Guide
- Bug Reporting Guide
- Contribution Guide
Command Line usage
The package can be used to perform multithreaded downloads via the CLI.
positional arguments: url list of urls to download optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -o FILENAME, --output FILENAME output file -t NUM_THREADS, --threads NUM_THREADS number of threads to use -c CHUNK_SIZE, --chunk-size CHUNK_SIZE chunk size (in bytes) --version display the version of pyDownload being used
- Written in pure python.
- Supports ability to perform multithreaded downloads from any url if the server supports.
- Small and concise API therefore easy to integrate in python code.
pip install pydownload
import time from pyDownload import Downloader url = 'https://github.com/party98/Python-Parallel-Downloader/archive/master.zip' downloader = Downloader(url=url) if downloader.is_running: time.sleep(1) print('File downloaded to %s' % downloader.file_name)
Setting Up The Environment
Setup VirtualEnv (Recommended But Optional)
pip install virtualenv virtualenv env source ./env/bin/activate
pip install .[dev]
Install pre-commit hooks
The project uses various pre-commit hooks to enforce code quality and standards. Therefore, it is really necessary for all the contributors to install these and run before every commit else the contributions will be rejected.
pip install .[test]
Run the Tests
With Coverage Report (Recommended)
nosetests --cover-erase --cover-package=pyDownload --with-coverage --cover-branches
Without Coverage Report
nosetests --cover-erase --cover-package=pyDownload --cover-branches
Bug Reporting Guide
You can report bugs here.
- Make sure you are using the latest version. (Check by running
- Search for the issue in existing issues (open & closed) and create only if the issue is not mentioned.
- Fill the issue template correctly.
Note: If you feel that you can fix the issue, you are more than welcome to submit a PR.
Contributors are welcome to make this package more awesome. But before you do, make sure that you have read the following limited but important guidelines.
- Make sure that the issue that you are trying to fix exists here. Create one if it does not.
- Make sure that you perform
flake8checks on the code before you submit a PR.
- Write unittests and comments for the changes that you have made.
- Make sure your branch is updated with the
- All PRs should be submitted to
developmentbranch. PRs to any other branch will be rejected.
- Please install and perform
pre-commitcheck on all your commits to maintain code quality
You can thank the team here.
Release history Release notifications
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyDownload-0.0.1.dev4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (7.1 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size pyDownload-0.0.1.dev4.tar.gz (6.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for pyDownload-0.0.1.dev4-py2.py3-none-any.whl