Freenet Client Protocol Helper
README file for pyFreenet
fcpVersion = “0.3.4”
PyFreenet is a suite of command-line freenet applications, as well as a powerful Python library, for Freenet.
$ pip3 install –upgrade –user pyFreenet
To just upload a file into Freenet (currently only on GNU/Linux), install a Java JRE or JDK and then use
$ fcpupload –spawn <file>
It starts a Freenet node, uploads the file and returns the key to access the file via Freenet.
This pyFreenet release includes:
command-line freenet client applications, which will get installed as executable commands in your PATH, including:
- freesitemgr - a simple yet flexible freesite management utility
- fcpnames - utility for managing the new ‘name service’ layer
- fproxyproxy - an experimental http proxy that sits on top of fproxy, and translates human-friendly site names transparently
- fcpget - a single key fetcher
- fcpput - a single key inserter
- fcpgenkey - a keypair generator
- fcpinvertkey - generate new SSK/USK keypairs
- fcpredirect - insert a redirect from one ‘key’ to another ‘key’.
- copyweb - download a page from a website with all resources.
python package ‘fcp’, containing classes for interacting with freenet.
an XML-RPC server for freenet access, which can be run standalone, or easily integrated into an existing website
To get good API documentation, run:
$ epydoc -n “pyFreenet API manual” -o html fcp
When you install this package (refer INSTALL), you should end up with a command ‘freesitemgr’ on your PATH.
‘freesitemgr’ is a console-based freesite insertion utility which keeps your freesite configs and status in a single config file (~/.freesitemgr, unless you specify otherwise).
Just use ‘freesitemgr add FOLDER’ to upload a website into Freenet.
Invoke ‘freesitemgr -h’ (or if on windows, ‘freesitemgr.py -h’) and read the options.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyFreenet3-0.4.1.tar.gz (93.4 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|