Python wrapper for TwinCAT ADS library
pyads - Python package
This is a python wrapper for TwinCATs ADS library. It provides python functions for communicating with TwinCAT devices. pyads uses the C API provided by TcAdsDll.dll on Windows adslib.so on Linux. The documentation for the ADS API is available on infosys.beckhoff.com.
$ pip install pyads
$ git clone https://github.com/MrLeeh/pyads.git --recursive $ cd pyads $ python setup.py install
- connect to a remote TwinCAT device like a plc or a PC with TwinCAT
- create routes on Linux devices and on remote plcs
- supports TwinCAT 2 and TwinCAT 3
- read and write values by name or address
- read and write DUTs (structures) from the plc
- notification callbacks
import pyads # add route to remote plc pyads.add_route("192.168.1.12.1.1", "192.168.1.12") # connect to plc and open connection plc = pyads.Connection('127.0.0.1.1.1', pyads.PORT_SPS1) plc.open() # read int value by name i = plc.read_by_name("GVL.int_val", pyads.PLCTYPE_INT) # write int value by name plc.write_by_name("GVL.int_val", i, pyads.PLCTYPE_INT) # close connection plc.close()
Contributions are very much welcome. pyads is under active development. However it is a side-project of mine so please have some patience when creating issues or PRs. Here are some main guidelines which I ask you to follow along:
- Create PRs based on the dev branch.
- Add an entry to the Changelog.
- Keep PRs small (if possible), this makes reviews easier and your PR can be merged faster.
- Address only one issue per PR. If you want to make additional fixes e.g. on import statements, style or documentation which are not directly related to your issue please create an additional PR that adresses these small fixes.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pyads-3.3.0.tar.gz (469.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|