Python scheduler for Batsim
PyBatsim helps you developing your own scheduler in python!
The library consists of two layers:
- The low level API batsim.batsim which handles the communication with the Batsim instance (example scheduler: schedulers/fillerSched.py).
- The high level API batsim.sched which contains an object oriented abstraction layer to provide a simpler API for accessing data from Batsim and filtering for jobs and resources (example scheduler: schedulers/delayProfilesAsTasks.py).
The following commands are provided:
- To launch schedulers
- To launch experiments
- To manipulate the out_jobs.csv file based on data only available in the scheduler but not in Batsim.
Batsim Version Compatibilities
As there are different release paces between Batsim and Pybatsim versions, here is a list of compatibilities between the two projects:
Moreover, all notable changes are listed in the changelog.
Start a scheduler
See the schedulers directory for the available built-in schedulers. A simple built-in scheduler instance can be executed by calling:
This command, however, requires an already running Batsim instance.
The parameter to pybatsim can also be a file outside of the project directory like:
Schedulers of the higher level API (batsim.sched) can be executed in the same way:
This example scheduler will make use of dynamic jobs and convert delay jobs into tasks. Note that dynamic job submissions have to be enabled in your running Batsim instance to be able to use this scheduler.
To see all available starting options see also:
Run an experiment
To run a complete experiment the experiment launcher can be used:
pybatsim-experiment --verbose sample.expe.json
Please note that Batsim has to be installed and the environment has to be set-up for this command to succeed.
- This is the main entry point to launch things
- Provide an easy way to launch a complete simulation. Just provide a file that looks like sample.expe.json to this script and it will launch Batsim and the scheduler with the right options.
- See launch_expe.json
- This class helps you communicate with the batsim server
- High level scheduler API
- Tools to start the schedulers or for working with the generated data
- Contains all the schedulers. Schedulers name should follow this convention: fooBar.py contains the FooBar classname which has as an ancestor batsim.batsim.BatsimScheduler.
- A kind of first fit without topology scheduler
- EASY backfilling where jobs are seen as rectangles
- A scheduler using the high level scheduler API to split big delay jobs into small tasks.
You can install, upgrade, uninstall PyBatsim with these commands:
pip install [--user] pybatsim pip install [--user] --upgrade pybatsim pip uninstall pybatsim
To generate the html documentation use the setup target:
To run the test experiments it is preferable to first enter in a nix shell specific for the pybatsim development with the following command:
nix-shell https://github.com/oar-team/kapack/archive/master.tar.gz -A pybatsim_dev
Then you can run tests with the setup target:
./setup.py test --batsim-bin=path/to/batsim/binary
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size pybatsim-3.2.0.tar.gz (106.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|