Demo python+cython project
Demo project for building and deploying a Python+Cython packages with AppVeyor CI and Travis CI.
This is based on a similar demo: https://github.com/theochem/python-appveyor-conda-example Additional features:
- Less auxiliary scripts, making more use of recent Travis and AppVeyor built-in features. This should be easier to understand and adapt.
- Conda packages for win-32, win-64, linux-64, osx-64.
- Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6.
- Upload to alpha, beta and main channels on Anaconda cloud.
- Github stable and prerelease source release.
- PyPI source release. Stable releases only stable only, because others are not safe to upload to PyPI.
- Documentation deployment to gh-pages (Travis).
- CI Testing after installation on Travis or AppVeyor instance.
- Code coverage with codecov.io.
The CI machinery in this project is “easily” used in other projects. The following files/parts need to be copied over (and modified):
- The version stuff from setup.py and pycydemo/__init__.py. This extracts the version from the latest git tag. Ideally, no other places in your project should define (another) version. Also mind the following in setup.py:
- zip_safe=False (for nosetests and conda packaging) See https://github.com/nose-devs/nose/issues/1057
- Order of importing setuptools and Cython matters.
- Copy tools/conda.recipe/meta.yaml and change the package name and dependencies.
- Copy .travis.yml and update the env block, including new encrypted tokens and passwords.
- For windows testing: copy .appveyor.yml and update the env block, including new encrypted tokens and passwords.
- Github: https://github.com/settings/tokens (scopes repo:public_repo)
- Anaconda: https://anaconda.org/theochem/settings/access Scopes:
- api:read (Allow read access to the API site)
- api:write (Allow write access to the API site)
Encrypting tokens (Github, Anaconda) and passwords (PyPI) on Travis-CI:
- Basic documentation: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/encryption-keys/
- Best usage is to just run travis encrypt without arguments. Then enter a variable and content in the form VAR=pass. Press enter. Press Ctrl-d.
- Copy the encrypted stuff to the env section of .travis.yml
Encrypting tokens (Anaconda) and passwords on AppVeyor:
- Use https://ci.appveyor.com/tools/encrypt
- Only enter the password or token itself, so only the pass part of VAR=pass. The VAR is still visible in .appveyor.tml``.
- Copy to .appveyor.yml.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.