Python ASN.1 DER/BER codec with abstract structures
PyDERASN – ASN.1 DER/BER library for Python
I’m going to build my own ASN.1 library with slots and blobs! (C) PyDERASN’s author
- BER/CER/DER decoding, DER encoding
- Basic ASN.1 data types (X.208): BOOLEAN, INTEGER, BIT STRING, OCTET STRING, NULL, OBJECT IDENTIFIER, ENUMERATED, all strings, UTCTime, GeneralizedTime, CHOICE, ANY, SEQUENCE (OF), SET (OF)
- Size constraints checking
- Working with sequences as high level data objects with ability to (un)marshall them
- Python 2.7/3.5 compatibility
- Automatic decoding of DEFINED BY fields
- Ability to know exact decoded objects offset and lengths in the binary
- Pretty printer and command-line decoder, that could conveniently replace utilities like either dumpasn1 or openssl asn1parse
- __slots__ friendliness
pyderasn is free software: see the file COPYING.LESSER for copying conditions.
PyDERASN home page is: http://pyderasn.cypherpunks.ru/
Please send questions, bug reports and patches to https://lists.cypherpunks.ru/mailman/listinfo/pyderasn-devel mailing list. Announcements also go to this mailing list.
Development Git source code repository currently is located here: https://git.cypherpunks.ru/cgit.cgi/pyderasn.git/