Helpers for teaching purposes (includes sqllite helpers)
- retrieve data for practical lessons
- import a tsv file into a database
- retrieve stock prices from Yahoo Finance
- magic commands to easily use SQLite3 from a notebook
Class StockPrices requires:
The function register_magics defines magic commands to send commands to a remote commands through a SSH connection:
- %remote_open, %remote_close
- %remote_cmd, %remote_up, %remote_down
The magic commands will be automatically enabled if the module is imported from a notebook.
Started in 2013/08.
- First contributor: Xavier Dupré.
- Others contributors: ENSAE’s students.
- 16: split pyensae into pyenbc for remote access to clusters and the rest
- 17: replace matplotlib.finance by mpl_finance (needed since matplotlib 2.2.0)
- 18: fix urls to download data (google, yahoo)
- 15: StockPrices: start and end date are not taking into account with the default data provider
- 9: switch from Yahoo Finance to Google as the default provider for financial data
- 11: create graph image with blockdiag
- 13: add a class TableFormula as an example to extend pandas dataframe