A generic request and response interface for pyexcel web extensions.
Fonts, colors and charts are not supported.
pyexcel-webio is a tiny interface library to unify the web extensions that uses pyexcel . You may use it to write a web extension for your faviourite Python web framework.
You can install it via pip:
$ pip install pyexcel-webio
or clone it and install it:
$ git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel-webio.git $ cd pyexcel-webio $ python setup.py install
This small section outlines the steps to adapt pyexcel-webio for your favourite web framework. For illustration purpose, I took Flask micro-framework as an example.
Inherit ExcelInput class and implement load_single_sheet and load_book methods depending on the parameters you will have. For example, Flask.Request put the incoming file in Flask.Request.files and the key is the field name in the html form:
from flask import Flask, Request import pyexcel as pe from pyexcel.ext import webio class ExcelRequest(webio.ExcelInput, Request): def _get_file_tuple(self, field_name): filehandle = self.files[field_name] filename = filehandle.filename extension = filename.split(".") return extension, filehandle def load_single_sheet(self, field_name=None, sheet_name=None, **keywords): file_type, file_handle = self._get_file_tuple(field_name) return pe.get_sheet(file_type=file_type, content=file_handle.read(), sheet_name=sheet_name, **keywords) def load_book(self, field_name=None, **keywords): file_type, file_handle = self._get_file_tuple(field_name) return pe.get_book(file_type=file_type, content=file_handle.read(), **keywords)
Plugin in a response method that has the following signature:
def your_func(content, content_type=None, status=200): ....
or a response class has the same signature:
class YourClass: def __init__(self, content, content_type=None, status=200): ....
For example, with Flask, it is just a few lines:
from flask import Response webio.ExcelResponse = Response
Then make the proxy for make_response series by simply copying the following lines to your extension:
from pyexcel.ext.webio import ( make_response, make_response_from_array, make_response_from_dict, make_response_from_records, make_response_from_book_dict )
Support the project
If your company has embedded pyexcel and its components into a revenue generating product, please support me on patreon to maintain the project and develop it further.
If you are an individual, you are welcome to support me too on patreon and for however long you feel like to. As a patreon, you will receive early access to pyexcel related contents.
With your financial support, I will be able to invest a little bit more time in coding, documentation and writing interesting posts.
Development steps for code changes
- git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel-webio.git
- cd pyexcel-webio
Upgrade your setup tools and pip. They are needed for development and testing only:
- pip install –upgrade setuptools pip
Then install relevant development requirements:
- pip install -r rnd_requirements.txt # if such a file exists
- pip install -r requirements.txt
- pip install -r tests/requirements.txt
Once you have finished your changes, please provide test case(s), relevant documentation and update CHANGELOG.rst.
- As to rnd_requirements.txt, usually, it is created when a dependent
- library is not released. Once the dependecy is installed (will be released), the future version of the dependency in the requirements.txt will be valid.
How to test your contribution
doctest are both used in code testing, it is adviable that unit tests are put in tests.
doctest is incorporated only to make sure the code examples in documentation remain valid across different development releases.
On Linux/Unix systems, please launch your tests like this:
On Windows systems, please issue this command:
How to update test environment and update documentation
Additional steps are required:
- pip install moban
- git clone https://github.com/pyexcel/pyexcel-commons.git commons
- make your changes in
.moban.ddirectory, then issue command
What is pyexcel-commons
Many information that are shared across pyexcel projects, such as: this developer guide, license info, etc. are stored in
What is .moban.d
.moban.d stores the specific meta data for the library.
- Has Test cases written
- Has all code lines tested
- Passes all Travis CI builds
- Has fair amount of documentation if your change is complex
- Agree on NEW BSD License for your contribution
New BSD License
0.1.2 - 12.07.2017
- To bring isave_as and isave_book_as to web clients
- replaced monkey-patching initialization step. For all extension developer, please call init_webio(your_response_function)
0.1.1 - 07.07.2017
- #5: explicitly seek at 0 for incoming file
0.1.0 - 06.07.2017
- To bring iget_array, iget_records to web clients
- To facilitate the use of pyexcel-handsontable, pyexcel-pygal, pyexcel-matplotlib
0.0.11 - 04.03.2017
- #4: extra keywords were not passed on to pyexcel
0.0.10 - 22.12.2016
- #3: raise exception if uploaded file has no content read.
0.0.9 - 22.12.2016
- Flask-Excel issue 19: sheet_name parameter to control sheet name
- use pyexcel v0.4.0
0.0.8 - 28.10.2016
- use pyexcel v0.3.0
0.0.7 - 01.06.2016
- use pyexcel v0.2.2
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|pyexcel_webio-0.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (10.9 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||2.7||Wheel||Jul 12, 2017|
|pyexcel-webio-0.1.2.tar.gz (11.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Jul 12, 2017|