Python API for fortigate
API for FortiOS or how to turn FortiOS into JunOS
This API allows you to interact with a device runnine FortiOS in a sane way. With this API you can:
- Connect to the device, retrieve the running config (the entire config or some blocks, whatever you want) and build a model
- Build the same model from a file
- Do changes in the candidate configuration locally
- Create a candidate configuration from a file
- Do a diff between the running config and the local candidate config
- Generate the necessary commands to go from the running configuration to the candidate configuration
You can find the documentation on [Read the Docs](https://pyfg.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html).
To install the library execute:
` pip install pyfg `
In the examples directory you will find different file with examples on how to use the API:
- example1 - How to retrieve the configuration of a VDOM
- example2 - How to get BGP information and navigate through it
- example3 - How to load BGP configuration from a file (running.conf is emulating this step), load the candidate configuration from a file and then check the differences and show to get to the candidate configuration from the running one.
- example4 - Similar as example3 but this time the changes are done programmatically instead of using a text file.
- example5 - This example will do some changes, will try to commit them, will detect that something went wrong and it will finally rollback the changes.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.